KAYLIN VELA’S INTERVIEW ON KISS FM 102.5
1- Can you please tell us how did you start your music career?
- I have loved singing since I was a small child. I wrote my first song when I was fifteen years old. At the time, I was devastated from losing my grandmother to cancer, so I wrote my feelings down about it and this turned into my first song “Angels at Your Door”. I wrote this song to help others who have also experienced the loss of a loved one. It wasn’t until now at the age of eighteen that I have been able to record and release music. Travelling to Studio City California in September 2021 marked the first time I went to a studio to create my first EP and the beginning of my journey as an artist. I have been releasing music for about 5 months now.
2- What are your achievements so far and main targets please?
- The songs I write are like my autobiography. Everything I write is about events that actually happened. So far, I have released four pop singles: “Daydream”, “Narcissist”, “Angels at Your Door”, and “Never Let You Go”. My first pop single “Daydream” released on September 27, 2021. “Daydream” is about a relationship that wasn’t meant to be and shows the dying nature of a doomed romance. My 2nd pop single, “Narcissist”, released October 22, 2021. “Narcissist” is about escaping from a manipulative relationship. “Angels at Your Door” released November 19, 2021. “Angels at Your Door” describes the heartache felt when a loved one is dying and there is nothing you can do to stop it. My newest release on January 14, 2022, called “Never Let You Go” is a song I wrote to describe the feeling of meeting someone new after a really bad relationship. It’s about a person that just lifts you to your happy place. I wanted to release this pop song before Valentines Day so it can be enjoyed during the season of love.
3- What are your near future plans and projects including your new upcoming release?
- My upcoming release, “Haters” comes out February 18th. It’s an upbeat, fierce song about overcoming bullying, a huge issue today especially with the invention of social media. “Haters” is an empowering song and I hope it will empower you as well! I have many songs planned for release this year after “Haters” and I do hope to be able to sing these songs live soon!
4- Are you opened to work on multiple music genres or just one?
- Currently I have only released songs in the pop genre, but I am open to creating songs in other genres.
5- What do you like to tell to your supporters out there now?
- I would like to give a huge thank you to everyone who has been listening to my songs, sharing my music, and sending me so much love. I read all your comments and they mean so much to me. I am so happy you guys like what I am doing! Follow me on social media: @kaylinvelaofficial on Facebook and Instagram, @kaylinvelasings on Twitter, @kaylinvela on TikTok, and check me out on my website www.kaylinvela.com. You can also find my music videos on YouTube under “Kaylin Vela”. Thank you again for listening to my music!